14 June, 2012


The cloud has lifted, and my heart beats strong and free once again.

The past couple of days I've been crafting, and since I feel like my heart is in it now, it's going a lot better. Last night and this morning I tried a couple of different techniques for painting glass jars (we eat a lot of spaghetti.) I like one more than the other, but unfortunately I lost one jar when it rolled off the kitchen table and shattered, splattering one wall a brilliant blue. It'd be quite gorgeous, but I have a feeling my landlord won't appreciate my 'splatter art' so any suggestions for removing acrylic paint from a wall without damaging the paint that should be there would be greatly appreciated.

That fiasco actually happened just as we were getting ready to leave, so it was sort of lucky that I was able to get the paint off the floor before it dried.

We picked up some food and headed out to this 'secret bridge' spot that a local artist told us about a couple of weeks ago when we were at the Art Walk. It was really beautiful there (check out the pictures on my Tumblr!) and we enjoyed exploring after we ate. Eating was kind of an adventure in itself, though, since Josh didn't realize that we didn't get utensils until we were already sitting down ready to eat, and even though we weren't way out in the middle of nowhere or anything, we were both too hungry to want to do anything about it. Luckily we both had taco's so the main part of the meal was easy enough, but the rice and beans were a bit trickier. We managed, though. Like I said, we were really hungry.

After that, we came back home where Orion promptly threw up twice. At least it wasn't in the car! (Orion is our 7 month old English Mastiff.) Oddly enough he hadn't had any snacks today, nothing out of the ordinary, not even leftovers, so I really don't know what happened to his upset his tummy. And then I had to wash his towels (which are what he sleeps on since he's not allowed to have the bed that goes in his crate because he eats the fluff off it and then throws that up) and so he was all confused and sad because he thinks that having to sleep on the hard plastic floor of his crate is a punishment. He's fine now, though, he's got clean, warm towels in his bed, and he kept his dinner down so I think we're alright. Fingers crossed.

I also started working on a paper collage as a background for some skeleton keys I've been wanting to frame for a long time. I've always collected keys, but skeleton keys are my favorite, and I found the perfect frame months ago at Re-Store. I bought it, painted it, and it's been hanging, empty, in the hall for close to 6 months now, so it's about time I finished it up! Well, I cut up a page of an old Catholic (June 1955) newspaper that my mom found in their garage when they moved into their house and gave to me. (Their house used to be a dormitory for nuns, or something.) I've been saving it for the perfect project, and I thought that burned pieces of it would look great as a backdrop for my keys...only I didn't think out the burning it part too thoroughly, and I almost managed to set my entire desk on fire before moving to the kitchen and doing it over a piece of foil. I have a few more to finish tomorrow (outside) and then I'll have to figure out how to get the keys on without hurting them. (I think hot glue should work fine.)

I love how much more I can accomplish when I'm happy. Tomorrow, getting back into the working out routine. It's been close to a month since I hurt my toe, and even though it still hurts, and refuses to pop or bend certain directions (anywhere but down, basically) I'm tired of not being able to do anything but walk or work on arm/upper body stuff that doesn't involve feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment