15 December, 2012

Weekend Antics

I've been in a funk the past week, I always get really excited for having my family over, and then suddenly the days are upon us, then gone, in the blink of an eye, and when they leave I get sad because it wasn't long enough.

So today, after having a minor anxiety attack because Josh didn't say 'thank you' after I cooked us a huge fancy breakfast and we bought the wrong light bulb for my crazy lamp at wal-mart, that ever-amazing husband of mine took me on a whirlwind adventure. We went back to wal-mart to exchange the bulb, then on the way out of the parking lot he suddenly swerved into the right lane and we went up to West mountain and took lots of pictures from the look-out points. We realized while we were up there that we had never gone at night! We've gone up Hot Springs and North mountain plenty of times at night, but never West. So after taking a bunch of great shots (with our phones, I didn't take my camera because I wasn't expecting an adventure) we grabbed some BBQ and came home.

I feel better now, and am working on putting up our blue icicle lights from last year in our bedroom. Last night I installed a couple of floating bookshelves, and Monday our new bed gets delivered! We went out yesterday and picked out some really nice sheets (700 thread count, I didn't know such a thing even existed) and a blanket. We toyed with the idea of getting a down comforter, but we both get hot really easily at night, and we'd much rather have a simple blanket that will suffice year-round.

Anyway, I'm still not fully 'happy' if you will, and I don't much feel like talking, so I'll leave you with a picture I took with a panorama app on my phone:

Hopefully I'll start feeling better this next week, especially after a few nights in our awesome new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment