08 January, 2013

Lucky inspired

Yesterday I was sitting in my craft room, flipping through my newest issue of Lucky, when I saw a skirt that really got my attention - not necessarily because it is an awesome skirt (although it is) and not even because I have a Marc Jacobs weakness; what initially crossed my mind when I saw it was, "Hey, I have that in shirt form!"

Of course upon closer inspection it isn't an exact match, but it is close enough that it inspired me to dig the shirt out of the back of my closet and start thinking about doing something different with it for spring. I actually found it in a thrift store a few years ago, and due to a complete inability to pass up anything that looks like it came out of the 80s unscathed, I bought it. I wore it a few times, but it's too big and really unflattering. So it has been sitting in my closet just waiting for an opportunity like this to come along.

I might make it into a skirt, or I might do something else with it, and it will definitely be a few weeks before I actually do anything, but I'm really just glad to have something to focus on other than hats and sweaters! Hopefully I'll figure something out by the time it starts to warm up around here.



(The shirt actually comes across a bit more pink in real life than it does in the picture, but you should still be able to figure out why they reminded me of each other.)

No comments:

Post a Comment