Alright, well, let me talk about the nightstands, since I've been working on them for two whole months now! (Seriously! I had to go back to July to find the 'before' pictures.)
Here are the before pictures. (sorry, I was like absolutely horrible about documenting this process, so all the pictures are in different places and positions, there's no exact side-by-side comparisons or anything.)
See how they had two little knobs? And that big dent separating them?
Well, I didn't like that. I wanted one flat drawer, and one knob. So I filled it in with wood filler (it took a whole tube of filler, and I three or four layers. I'd fill it in, smush as much as I could in, let it dry, fill in cracks, and then build another layer...) and then sanded it down. I also filled in the old knob holes. (Wood filler sands down really nicely, just make sure it's totally dry or it'll clump up on your sander.)
And then, as you probably know, they sat out in the storage room for two months, exactly. Rain, a fire, and general procrastination led me to not paint them until yesterday, when the threat of people seeing my bedroom suddenly became VERY REAL.
And so, yesterday morning, with the weather as perfect as could be, I finally just went out there and did it. I primed them, then painted them, and then brought them in and made my bedroom pretty.
Again, sorry, but I didn't take pictures of most of this part. Josh got a couple of me painting, and then I took some after I had already brought them in and set them up.
Hooray! I'm so glad that I finally finished, not only because it was bugging me having a half-finished project out there, but also because they came out looking so great, and our bedroom finally looks like a real bedroom, and not just a room with a bed in it.
Ok, well, my brother-in-law will be here in a couple of hours so I need to go at least make sure that the craft room (it's also the guest room) is 100% done and set up the air mattress for him.