28 September, 2012

Almost crafting.

This is what my desk looks like right now:

See that stack of paper? Here, let me get a bit closer:

That is approximately ½ of a stack of pages that were ripped out of some of my Lucky magazines.

Over there, in the corner:

That's the rest of the magazines that I haven't even gotten to.

For years I've been wanting to make a series of collages using pictures of clothing/accessory pieces I liked that I had cut out of the magazines. I started once, ripped pages out from the magazines from 2004 to 2006, and then got distracted. But it was kind of okay, I stopped getting the magazine for a few years and so while the pile was sitting there, it wasn't really growing...and then this year Josh used a bunch of his airline miles to get magazine subscriptions...and the pile started to grow. And I realized I better GET ON THIS before magazines take over my life. Honestly, though, they kind of already have. I can get rid of lots of things, but I cannot, for the life of me, seem to get be able to let go of magazines. And I have a lot of them.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on at the moment...I keep finding things that I loved four or five years ago, and still love now, and wanting to make them, but I think I need to focus on finishing one thing before starting another, and this is something that really needs to get done. The fabric will still be there, the inspirational picture will still be there, and my sewing machine will have more room to work when I'm done.

I'm also realizing that while the majority of my taste has stayed the same, I have lost my taste for paisley, (thank high heaven, what did I ever see in it?!!) and have finally realized that no matter how much I love them, certain things will never flatter my busty frame. The stack is shrinking, slowly but surely, and hopefully by the time October rolls around I'll have a nice fall inspiration board to share, and a list of projects to work on throughout the month...not to mention getting started on all my Halloween stuff! I am so excited! Too excited, almost, as I can't even figure out where to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment