19 December, 2012

plagued.

Sometimes the world is just too much, and I just want to not exist for a bit.

My head gets clouded with thoughts, and they're messy, disconnected, and overlapping, and I can't make sense of anything. I can't focus. People's voices mix with the words in my head, and I get overwhelmed. Silence is a distant memory, and the more I try to clear my head, the more thoughts clog it up.

I start to feel like I'm falling down a deep dark hole, but I can't ask for help. My heart burns and aches but my brain turns on me and tells me that I'm not worth one minute of anyone's time, and that I shouldn't bother people. I want to call someone, anyone, and just talk, tell them how I feel but my mind won't let me.

It says that I have no one, and that people won't understand. They'll think I'm crazy, or over-reacting, or just trying to get attention. It feeds on my low self-esteem, reminding me that I'm invisible, a nobody, a faceless statistic amongst a sea of people drowning in mental illness. I start to believe it.

I doubt my self-worth. I wonder what kind of impact, if any, I've ever had on anyone's life. I speculate how long it would take before people didn't even remember my name. How long before my animals stopped wondering if I was coming home.

I feel so alone, so trapped in this illness that lies, and breaks me down, and makes me hate myself. I want to tell someone, and I want reassurance, to know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but so often I don't get it. Instead I hear "just stop being sad" or "stop crying, your life is good." I know my life is good, that's not the issue. And I can't just stop being sad. This pain is real, these demons are real; I've got the scars to prove it.

I'm tired of feeling stigmatized because I can't always control my emotions. I'm tired of having anxiety attacks. I'm tired of living with this disease, and I'm tired of feeling tired all the time. I just want to...rest.


3 comments:

  1. I love you :) I feel like this a lot and I hate it. Is this a seasonal thing? I get reaaaly depressed about a week a month and its usually before my stupid period and it can be triggered by my unrealistic expectations from work and I just have no desire to do anything and thinking of doing anything can make me physically sick. When u feel like this message me! I can relate! Ive been told I have secondary ptsd by doctors cause of dealing daily with ptsd. We can talk it out. Anxiety attacks are hard. Ive been there too. Your friends love u! Dont forget that missy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you <3

      It's not really seasonal, for me it's my bi-polar disorder. I spend most of my time depressed, but I'm still functional, and it's when I get manic that I start having anxiety attacks. Then, usually, they subside and I go back to being mildly depressed. :(

      It's sort of good to know I'm not alone, but it also sucks because I know how awful it is and I don't wanna anyone else to feel like this! I love you too, and thanks again.

      Delete
  2. I love you :) I feel like this a lot and I hate it. Is this a seasonal thing? I get reaaaly depressed about a week a month and its usually before my stupid period and it can be triggered by my unrealistic expectations from work and I just have no desire to do anything and thinking of doing anything can make me physically sick. When u feel like this message me! I can relate! Ive been told I have secondary ptsd by doctors cause of dealing daily with ptsd. We can talk it out. Anxiety attacks are hard. Ive been there too. Your friends love u! Dont forget that missy! :)

    ReplyDelete