12 May, 2012

Lurking clowns and bigfoot

Last night I had the craziest dream...I was in a threatre, and I had two cameras, so I was running around trying to take pictures of everything. At one point I left my DSLR in my seat, and when I came back my seat had been taken, and my camera was gone. The people there said someone had taken my camera to the dressing room and one girl offered to walk with me to get it.

So I followed her out of the room, and apparently whoever designed this crazy dream theatre of mine was insane because it was basically an obstacle course to get backstage. We had to hop/dance over these giant things that looked like sewer coverings but if you stepped on one it made this huge sound like an organ that echoed through the whole place.

Then, you had to walk through a maze of seats, but they weren't for the audience. It was like they had a separate area where the techies who weren't working that show (or whatever was going on) could sit and 'watch' but without seeing anything. (It was weird. And also a dream, so...)

We finally get to the dressing room area, and there's this guy wearing some weird clown get-up kind of lurking in a dark corner across from the dress room, so I keep an eye on him, and go get my camera, and when I come back the girl who walked with me is holding up two sets of lingerie on hangers showing them to clown creeper and (it seems) asking his opinion, but as soon as I walk up he starts looking me up and down, and, while I am thoroughly creeped out, it's also kind of so ridiculous, this situation I find my (dream) self in, that I start smiling this amused smile, and this other girl who's currently half-dressed (and I REALLY don't know why, but I'll get to that in a second) looks at me and see's my smile, and see's crown creeper looking at me instead of lingerie girl, and gives me this evil look.

By the time I got out of there, the line to get in was wrapped all the way out the door, and, for whatever reason, I didn't have tickets, or a way to prove I had already been sitting inside before it even opened to the public, and so I had to leave. People were dressed up, though, so as I was walking out I kept taking pictures of different people that were waiting in line.

It was all so crazy, and weird, and just absolutely ridiculous, and the strangest part of all is that I was supposed to be there for a bigfoot lecture not a play or show or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment