26 April, 2012

Sleepless in the Spa City

I really don't know if it's insomnia or my bipolar disorder and the fact that I've been manic this week but I can't fall asleep. If I go lie down really random stuff starts going through my head. For instance, last night I spent a pretty hefty chunk of time wondering if any people who are named 'Ren' are named after Ren from Ren & Stimpy. Then, I started thinking about what kind of people would name their kid after a hairless cartoon rat-dog, and concluded that they would probably be very weird people, so if I ever meet anyone named Ren I'll make sure to avoid any situation that involves meeting their parents. 

That's not to say that naming kids after TV show characters is something I disapprove of. Just tonight I mentioned to Josh that it would be kind of cool to name a kid Axl after Axl Heck from The Middle. But then it occurred to me that people might think the kid was named after Axl Rose and that completely dispelled any further inklings I might have to name anyone or anything Axl.

Raylan, Arlo, and Boyd, though, are still on the table.

Not that it matters much, though, because I really don't want kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment